We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our growing company! As the Business Analyst, you will work with internal stakeholders to elicit, analyze, validate and document business, organizational, and/or operational requirements. You’ll collaborate daily with a team of project managers, developers, QA engineers, and internal business leads, and you will communicate the requirements gathered in a format that allows the team to understand the solution to be built, and why. You will be the voice of the solution, and projects you’ll contribute to may include a technology component, process improvement, or organizational change. You are methodical in your approach, you’re not afraid to ask questions, and you like to leave things better than you found them.
- Work as part of a project team to evaluate business needs, define and prioritize requirements, and ensure continuity between requirements, development, and testing.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, analyze internal processes and workflows and conduct other research activities as necessary to understand the underlying business needs and requirements.
- Analyze and prioritize findings and define business and technical requirements based on business problems.
- Document functional specifications that detail how the solution will work from the user’s perspective, including the creation of use cases, workflows, performance requirements, and other feature requirements.
- Work with developers to ensure that the solution meets functional, non-functional and usability requirements.
- Support QA on the creation of User Acceptance Testing plans, documentation, and end-user support.
- Help create training materials and assist with end-user training.
- Provide input and updates to project plans, resource tracking, project issues, and risks.
- Work with developers to groom enhancement backlogs and manage release plans.
Knowledge: 3-5 years’ experience in a system analyst and/or IT business analyst role. Experience with Salesforce and/or and the implementation and integration of packaged software systems a plus.
Skills: Excellent communication and facilitation skills, with the ability to speak both “business” and “technology”. Technical aptitude with strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
Abilities: Ability to work with internal stakeholders to develop detailed, clearly written functional specifications for software development and for enhancement of existing software. Ability to prioritize according to the strategic direction of the organization, meet deadlines, and follow through on the completion of multiple projects at the same time.