Payroll Development Officer
Working under the direction and guidelines of the Payroll Sales Manager, the Payroll Development Officer is responsible for the development and maintenance of a profitable client portfolio, including client acquisition and retention.
Working under a commission sales structure, the Payroll Development Officer is responsible for the achievement of a variety of strategic sales and financial objectives of Bangor Savings Bank. The Payroll Development Officer possesses a comprehensive understanding of the payroll processing regulatory environment, industry trends and practices and has a thorough working knowledge of Bangor Savings Bank’s policies and procedures
Self-generates payroll sales through targeted prospecting efforts while qualifying and driving leads to other areas of the bank.
Initiates and participates in joint calls with other lines of business, including merchant services, treasury and payment services, commercial banking and branch personnel.
Negotiates pricing and servicing agreements with clients, ensuring bank standards for profitability.
Engages in active Center of influence outreach (CPA’s, Insurance Agents, HR Professionals) to ensure ongoing client referrals.
Develops and maintains a portfolio of existing account relationships, continuously seeking additional cross-sales opportunities to deepen relationships.
Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in the infrastructure and e-commerce industries, monitoring market trends, competitive practices and regulatory changes.
COMPLIANCE & CONTROL
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
Informally and formally provides payroll training and support for Bank employees.
Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others departments and operations, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
Performs additional duties as requested.
In-state travel:80% with personal car.
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges, handles pressure and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Takes independent action, operates as a pro-active self starter, acts on opportunities and practices self development.
- Deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values and conveys news good or bad
- Has good listening skills.
- Vision/Values – Supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank’s vision, mission and values to others and incorporates vision when planning.
- High school diploma or equivalent required college, business or banking professional training helpful.
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- In-state travel required
General office equipment.
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.