Maine Medical Partners is seeking a Certified Diabetes Educator in Portland. If the selected candidate is a Registered Dietician, but does not currently have their Diabetes Educator certification, the expectation is that it will be obtained within 2 years.
Under general supervision of the Clinical Manager and Medical Director, the position is responsible for performing nutritional assessments as well as assessing diabetes educational needs. S/he plans, implements and evaluates nutritional plans and diabetes education for patients with diabetes and their family members in both individual and group settings.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- Current Maine State Dietician license.
- Registered Dietician Status by commission of Dietetic Registration.
- Currently certified or in process of achieving certification as a diabetes educator.
- 2 years’ experience as a practicing dietician.
- Current BLS certification.
- Knowledge and solid understanding of nutritional assessment including the ability to evaluate anthropometric, biochemical data and cultural, socioeconomic implications on eating habits.
- Practices nutritional care in accordance with the standards of the American Dietetic Association, American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association.
- Analytical abilities necessary to evaluate and revise educational programs based upon experience and patient performance.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to conduct formal education programs to counsel patients and family members.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working with computers
About Maine Medical Partners
Founded in 1995, Maine Medical Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group, providing a wide range of primary, specialty and sub-specialty care through a network of more than 40 locations in and around Greater Portland. We pride ourselves on improving the health of our community through excellence in clinical care, education and research.
Coastal Maine’s breathtaking bays, ports and ocean beaches provide unique outdoor adventure experiences every season of the year. You can easily enjoy day trips to area towns, explore surrounding parks, hike, ski, swim, bike, sail, golf, or even canoe or kayak Maine’s beautiful rivers and lakes.
Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small town friendliness. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and lively community.