The Maine Medical Partners Quality Improvement & Safety Department provides performance improvement and clinical quality support and resources in pursuit of achieving the strategic objectives of the organization.
This intern will work on multiple projects, which may include: Advance Care Planning cultural considerations, developing a quality improvement initiatives “playbook,” and conducting a survey of provider quality improvement knowledge/training.
The intern in this position should be able to research best practices, prepare written and oral/PowerPoint reports, conduct interviews, and effectively collect/analyze/interpret data in Excel. The ideal candidate will be interested in quality improvement and excited to learn!
We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in gaining valuable, hands-on experience and making a real difference while working within the healthcare field. MaineHealth interns will have the exciting opportunity to work, learn, and develop their skills at the largest healthcare organization in Maine. Interns provide administrative and project support within their department, and are valued members of each department team.
The MaineHealth Internship Program will run from June 3rd – August 9th 2019.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Student who is currently enrolled in a four-year degree program in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Must work independently, take initiative to complete assigned projects with minimal direction, and be able to prioritize tasks within an assigned project.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other technologies as needed.