This position provides administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) related to the day-to-day operations of the Portland Regional Chamber. The position also helps support the ongoing operations of our 6 community chambers.
- Serves as Executive Assistant to CEO helping with administrative tasks as needed and assists in the coordination of the CEO’s schedule.
- Serves as community chamber liaison, helping with meeting coordination such as agendas, minutes, and scheduling.
- Answers, screens and directs calls, demonstrating exceptional customer service.
- Greets visitors and ensures a positive first impression by maintaining a professional workspace and appearance.
- Receives and sorts all US mail & package deliveries daily
- Files accounts payable and payroll documentation
- Handles daily operations of office such as ordering supplies, spearheading building maintenance, IT issues, etc.
- Maintains master calendar for organization
- Supports our events team by coordinating events and provides additional support as needed, including attending events on an as-needed basis.
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum experience: previous experience in an administrative role where excellent customer service was critical
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to establish positive public relations, and to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to adapt to and embrace change
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small-team environment
- Proficiency in written and oral communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams
- Other duties as assigned
This position reports to the CEO of the Portland Regional Chamber
Salary starts at $36,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Flexible schedule, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan
COVID-19 considerations: The Portland Regional Chamber's offices are currently closed to the public, and all events/meetings hosted are virtual, until further notice. Employees have been working remotely since March, with company-provided equipment.