Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Oncology
Maine Medical Center, one of Maine’s premier employers, is currently seeking candidates for a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Oncology, located primarily in Portland, ME. Time may be split between the Portland and Scarborough campuses, as appropriate.
This position will be focused on providing high quality patient care, education and research for a diverse oncology population across Maine Medical Center. Time may be split between the Portland and Scarborough campuses, as appropriate.
Core functions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively as part of interdisciplinary teams to enhance the quality of medication use through optimizing drug selection, ensuring safe medication use, and reduced drug expenditures.
- Partner with other healthcare professionals to develop evidence-based clinical pathways and/or treatment protocols, conduct utilization reviews, and identify opportunities to optimize medication use for adult and pediatric oncology patients.
- Serve as an active participant in Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and other oncology related multidisciplinary teams including but not limited to formulary medication reviews and/or policy and procedure revision as necessary.
- Generate and analyze process and outcome measures for use in assessing oncology-related patient outcomes and report impact of quality programs.
- In conjunction with the Investigational Drug Trials Coordinator, assist in coordination of oncology investigational drug services.
- Communicate directly with patients and their families on all aspects related to chemotherapy therapy promoting high levels of knowledge, engagement, and adherence.
- Provide education to pharmacy team members as well as other healthcare professionals to enhance clinical competency on topics related to chemotherapy.
- Demonstrate commitment to supporting our pharmacy student and residency programs (PGY-1 Pharmacy and PGY-2 Oncology)
Candidate qualifications are as follows:
- Pharm.D. from an accredited College of Pharmacy and pharmacist licensure eligibility to practice in the State of Maine.
- PGY1 Pharmacy residency required.
- Candidates with specialized PGY2 Oncology training strongly preferred; candidates with 3-5 years relevant oncology focused experience may be considered.
To apply, please click here or visit www.careersatmainehealth.org.
About Maine Medical Center:
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and Northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.