A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate proficiency with the implementation and support of the VMWARE Stack of Products. Also assists in the management of the EMC Storage Area Network (SAN). This person should have excellent networking knowledge and exhibit strong project management and communication skills.
- Leads implementation and supports resource for MEMIC’s Virtual Desktop (VDI) deployment. This include Virtual Application deployment as well.
- Maintains and upgrades VMWARE VSphere Hosts, Storage Networking and Disk Appliances, and other systems as required.
- Assists in the Administration of VBlock Technology which include Cisco UCS Server Chassis, EMC XtremIO, Fiber Network, EMC Data Domain.
- Leads Administrator of Avamar Backup Solution. Responsible for backup and restoration of Windows infrastructure.
- Ability to create and manage thorough documentation on assigned systems.
- Provide Applications Support as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 6 years of progressive technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- VMWARE Certification preferred with relevant practical experience.
- Backup experience with EMC data deduplication, backup and recovery solutions; Data Domain, Avamar and Networker is a plus.
- Experience with a VMware ESXi and Virtual Center Required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, ADFS, Azure Cloud Services.
- Knowledge of the following technology is a plus:
- Cisco Fiber SAN Administration
- Recoverpoint Appliances Administration
- VMWARE Site Recovery Manager
- Cisco Networking Administration
- Must have excellent organizational, communications, and project management skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes all traditional offerings such as:
- Health Insurance options, Dental Insurance options and Vision Insurance
- Employee Life Insurance/AD&D and Dependent Life Insurance options
- Short-term& Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account with potential employer match
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Account
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal/Identify Theft Insurance options
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with match up to 5%, plus profit sharing& discretionary contributions (subject to vesting)
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
We also offer other benefits to help foster a healthy, balance lifestyle such as:
- Flextime schedules
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student loan paydown and refinancing assistance
- Educational assistance for job related courses, seminars, certifications or degrees
- One paid day every year to volunteer for your non-profit of choice
- On-site fitness center (Maine& Virginia) or fitness reimbursement
- Subsidized parking
- Sit-Stand desks& daily stretch breaks
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law