WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX) provides B2B payment processing and information management solutions. From our roots in fleet card payments beginning in 1983, we have expanded the scope of our business to a multi-channel provider of corporate payment solutions in fleet, virtual travel, and healthcare markets.
Our innovative technology, payment, and data solutions are working to enable our customers and business partners to focus on what they do best: achieve their business growth objectives.
WEX is more than just a corporate payment processing company and a job. We are an agile and innovative technology community, where our curious and collaborative people look to bring the future of commerce to the present.
The WEX Summer Internship offers a 12-week summer experience for ambitious and curious students, who are interested in growing professionally and developing their skills to become the next generation of leaders.
Our internship program is designed to provide interns hands-on, practical experiences while working alongside our some of our industry’s smartest teams; as well as providing immediate value to their teams and our leaders.
As an intern, you will be challenged and offered the opportunity to make an impact across the business and be involved in the company’s most critical business decisions.
- WEX is looking for students interested in working in a fast growing and complex B2B company. Our summer interns work within their assigned teams to optimize the existing WEX portfolio, bring on new card members, in the most profitable way, with the best customer experience.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in executing marketing tactics to drive acquisition, ROI and Customer Lifetime Value based results
- Understand the end to end card member lifecycle, hypothesizing and analyzing impact of potential tactics, and assisting in executing those tactics
- Learn strategies for segmented approach to prospects and existing customers based on customer value driving metrics of cost to acquire, activation, spend, cross sell and retention
- Assist in ensuring value proposition is consistently communicated and delivered to new and existing customers
- Learn creative process and channel delivery process to set up repeatable and scalable campaigns supporting business in both US and Canada
- Learn how to analyze internal data sources and reports to segment and target the right prospects + customers to position marketing messages that drive results
- Cultivate relationships with within ExxonMobil marketing management team, as well as WEX channel partner teams.
- Focus on continuous improvement with consistent testing and learning with all activities
- Assist in hypothesizing impacts then measure and report on performance
- Always be thinking about the customer and potential impacts of our actions on customer experience and attrition.
Who we are looking for:
- At a minimum, you should be a rising junior, senior, or masters-level student, in a degree/certificate-seeking accredited program
- Candidates should be curious, innovative, and willing to learn.
- Teamwork –can effectively collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams
- Marketing – customer-centric, cross channel 360 marketing theoretical background
- Analytical approach – critical thinking skills to add maximum value to the projects assigned
- Data-driven – Comfort with data, and ability to ask the right questions to help analyze opportunities
- Strategic –ability to ‘big picture think’ and keep team goals in mind while executing plans
- Communication – Solid communication skills both written and verbal, with a focus on understanding audiences and how to influence.
- Drives Results—can quickly apply learnings to get things done for maximum effectiveness
- Innovation – Continuously thinking of new ways to do things more effectively. Constantly looking for new ways of thinking and executing to improve results
Preference given to the following:
- Previous Acquisition or Retention experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability