Type: Full-time, Salary
Location: Portland, ME
Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for nine years in a row.
The Accounting team is currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant. This position will be based at our headquarters in Portland, ME.
As a Senior Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP to accounting transactions, month and year-end close, and balance sheet account reconciliation.
This position requires working closely with internal customers from operating divisions to complete daily accounting activities. We are seeking a candidate with excellent problem-solving skills who enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment.
- Prepare and input journal entries, including accruals, adjustments, and reversing journal entries if need be, in accordance with GAAP, and ensure quality control over the financial transactions.
- Prepare and review complex monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts and post eliminating journal entries
- Assist with preparation of revenue recognition pertaining to the business programs
- Substantiate financial transactions by providing audit proof documents
- Collaborate with team to execute all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings of the accounting books
- Assist and prepare schedules to support management reporting and to ensure accuracy of financial data.
- Work cross-functionally with and support our internal customers by providing financial data for business programs.
- Assist with documentation and information required for year-end audit
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures
- Perform any other ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 5-7 years of experience is required (mix of private and public experience is preferred)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting and reporting
- Meaningful experience working with and preparing consolidated financial statements
- Sage CRE 300 RE/Construction Software experience preferred
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment and embrace change and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Advanced Excel utilizing v-lookups, pivot tables, pre-formatted tables and complex formulas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with various levels in the organization
- Detail oriented, highly self-motivated, positive team-player attitude, and ability to work with minimal supervision with a willingness to proactively roll up your sleeves
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building, integrating, and maintaining the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to innovate and deliver.
Tilson is a world leader in executing information and communications technology projects to build a more connected world. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
We will run our business sustainably, for its financial health, its people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.