The Account Manager is part of a team that is driving the success of veterinary practices using the Vets First Choice technology platform. Primary responsibilities of this role include: 1) training and supporting accounts to achieve success with our service and 2) providing ongoing education regarding specific initiatives to existing accounts to help them grow. The Account Manager is creative, self-starting, smart, a team player and loves working in a fast-growing, fast-changing environment. This is an entry level sales position and can lead to advanced sales positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Develop a territory success strategy as part of your team.
- Pursue accounts through a combination of outbound calls, emails and web trainings.
- Contact accounts to ensure satisfaction and provide additional education and training on new approaches (Proactive Prescription Management), new services, and innovatives ways to user our platform.
- Work with practice leadership and staff to set goals and plans to achieve those goals as well as follow up on set goals.
- Document all sales activities and notes in Salesforce.com in order to support company learning, report generation, and sales dashboards.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and overall sales meetings to provide insights, ideas and encouragement…and to learn.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in a call center, sales and /or a veterinary clinic or other related industry a plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, especially by phone
- Technology savvy
- High energy and enthusiasm; not easily discouraged by “no”
- Positive competitive spirit along with a great team spirit—you like to win and see your team win
- Quick learner and genuine interest in learning our business and in our prospects and customers
- High productivity--ability to make 30-40 calls per day
- CRM competency in Salesforce.com or other system
- Adept at Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to develop relationships with accounts, especially by phone
- Ability to assess and translate customer feedback into actionable improvements the company can make
- Drive to succeed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal office environment with some travel required. Vets First Choice Portland, ME headquarters is a pet-friendly environment welcoming well-behaved furry family members.