Direct Hire South Portland, Maine
Our client, an operations software company specializing in the Life Sciences industry is seeking an experienced Head of Finance to join their growing team in the Portland, Maine office.
The Head of Finance will lead and develop the Finance organization and play a critical role on the Leadership Team. This position will report directly to the CEO.
- Serve as a key member of the Leadership Team and identify and execute on opportunities to drive revenue growth and profitability improvements
- Lead future fundraising rounds with the CEO, while building strong relationships with current and prospective investors
- Serve as the leadership liaison to the Board of Directors; effectively communicate and present critical financial and strategic matters at meetings
- Improve internal controls, accounting standards, enhance processes and reporting capabilities, including forecasting to ensure rapid growth and expansion
- Develop, maintain and ensure delivery against OKRs, business plans, financial models and budgets
- Lead monthly and quarterly business reviews, help develop strategic action plan and manage the annual operating plan process
- Partner cross-functionally with other departments and leaders to identify growth and profitability opportunities to improve overall business performance
- Financial experience working and scaling a high-growth start up, preferably with a SaaS organization
- 10+ years experience in the Finance / Accounting industry
- Sharp commercial/ business acumen coupled with strong functional and technical knowledge
- Ability to partner with management at all levels and to lead major projects and initiatives
- Excellent analytical skills that lead to actionable growth opportunities
- Experience interacting and leading discussions with a Board of Directors
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across a matrix organization
- Business modeling and forecasting, including strong understanding of pricing models, sales trends, financial statements and valuation drivers
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Confidence to interact with all levels of the organization
Salary will depend on experience and includes a strong benefits package.
Pro Search is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.