The Planning Department is looking for passionate, hard-working, and organized individuals to join the Bath Detail Scheduling and Production Control team, helping to improve the quality of our shipbuilding plans and schedules. We need people who know manufacturing, with a knack for taking complex problems and developing unique, simple solutions for the Enterprise to align around. If this is you, we want you on our team!
- Independently develop and coordinate shipyard schedules across multiple assigned areas.
- Develop Shipyard Capacity analyses and studies, and share findings with shipyard leadership.
- Lead the development of, and consensus around, major manufacturing strategies.
- Develop, document, and communicate Build Strategy Concepts.
- Independently develop, communicate, and help manage manufacturing schedules with Production Management, incorporating lessons from one build to the next.
- Independently develop visual controls for production performance and communicate with Senior Production Management.
- Independently identify and complete inter-departmental process improvement projects.
- Effectively work with other departments including: Supply Chain, Engineering, & Quality.
- 8 years of manufacturing and/or planning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Construction Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Project Management and scheduling ability.
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, with proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Thorough understanding, and independent development of, Shipyard Milestone Schedules.
- Strong Knowledge of Blueprint reading, Manufacturing Standards, MACPAC (or equivalent MRP system), Stage of Construction breakdown and philosophy, Basic Build Strategy Concepts, Planning processes, Bill of Material analysis, and Build Strategy application during the planning process.
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute complex projects, including report writing and giving presentations.
- Strong leadership skills (personnel, safety awareness, ethics, and innovation).
- Strong demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple priorities simultaneously, and to completion.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to work and communicate cross functionally and with all levels of customers inside and outside the Company.
- Strong team facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Proven analytical troubleshooting and problem solving techniques, resulting in implemented solutions.
- Strong experience and expertise in data analytics, presentation and monitoring.