Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015.Please note that all Martin's Point Health Care employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Care Team Patient Services Representative works collaboratively with all members of the care team providing world class service to both the patients and staff of Martin’s Point. Answers all Care Team Phone Calls within established quality metrics. Supports various other Care Teams by answering their phones (as necessary) to meet quality standards. Responsible for Queue Management, including phone messaging, appointment cancellations and rescheduling. Screens, provides information on and directs calls to appropriate department or staff to expedite patient care. Supports and facilitates communications related to labs, scripts, messaging, etc. Performs Telephone Triage per established protocols. Assists with patient service related administrative tasks to ensure patient requests are met.
- Handles all PSR Desktop Management activities
- Schedules, reschedules and cancels patient appointments
- Provides phone support to internal and external customers within established quality metrics.
- Coordinates New Patient Management (distributes packets, maintains records, initial screenings, etc.)
- Follows Standard Processes and Protocols related to clinical activities (med refills, order follow through/tracking lab reporting)
- Responsible for Lab results reporting as delegated
- Responds to patient requests via incoming phone call, portal or written request
- With Clinical Support, tracks and follows up patient issues
- Issues pre-appointment lab and health maintenance reminders
- Manages Web portal communications and patient related portal requests/questions
- Depending on practice organizational structure, may also handle referrals and serve as subject matter expert on referrals.
- Completes barcoding/faxing documents to athena (document management), ensuring timely and accurate document classification and filing of documents in patients health record.
- Participates in process improvement activities
- Conduct patient check-in and check-out activities as appropriate.
- Collects copays and outstanding balances
- Participates in daily huddles and regular team meetings to improve workflows and contribute to improving patient population outcomes
- Reviews missing slips and creates claims to ensure appropriate billing
- At some sites will document and refill medications following the guidance given by Patient Knowledge Coupler (PKC)
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience working in an administrative and/or customer service oriented environment.
- Experience in a medical environment with patient registration, billing, insurance processing or appointment scheduling preferred.
- Ability to function independently and professionally
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Basic knowledge of current healthcare benefits and managed care insurance plans, preferred
- Windows Based Computer skills: data entry and word processing ability
- Demonstrated telephone etiquette and positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle difficult conversations with patients and internal customers
- Ability to multitask among phone and face to face despite frequent interruptions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Detailed oriented and excellent follow through skills
- Ability to work with a variety of customers ranging from patients, internal customers: medical staff and other departments, able to collaborate with peers
Must be able to work flexible hours which may include weekends, evenings and holidays
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org