About the Opportunity
The Manager of Partnership Operations manages business development and partnership operations for the Roux Institute and the AI Solutions Hub practice within the Institute for Experiential AI at Northeastern University to enable new partnerships and deepen existing relationships. Work closely with the partnership, business development, and marketing functions to establish and maintain processes and systems for successful sales operations. Responsible for reporting, developing and maintaining processes and toolkits, communications and marketing support, and select experiences and events. Develop and maintain reports, execute sales processes, and maintain sales toolkits for an evolving product line. Develop dashboards and reporting tools to provide accurate and timely data from a variety of data sources including the University’s CRM (Salesforce). Support the sales process by developing proposals and pitch decks for specific engagements and establish standard support materials for sales. Responsible for executing specific events and experiences focused on business development and partnerships, utilizing a customer-focused mindset.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are normally obtained through a Bachelor’s Degree with two to three years of sales operations experience in a SaaS or tech-enabled consulting/services environment and:
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Experience creating high-quality written and visual materials, and strong writing ability
- Previous experience administering Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, like Salesforce, strongly preferred, and reporting and forecasting experience inside such a platform
- Demonstrated experience in system origination, and scaling of sales support processes
- Past success as a proactive, self-managing individual contributor
- Ability to collaborate across multiple departments, and with other internal teams
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills, facility with numbers, and a passion for translating data to insights
- The ability to adjust priorities quickly and efficiently to meet Institute and partner goals
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Sales Operations: Reporting
- Act as CRM administrator and train team on best practices
- Build dashboards and ensure accuracy of data on a regular basis
- Build performance and business forecasting reports for leadership
- Analyze data and identify key insights for the team
2) Sales Operations: Toolkit and Processes
- Assemble and maintain Grab & Go templates for sales teams
- Track all contracts in process and shepherd agreements through signature
- Conduct business research and keep up to date profiles on each corporate partner
- Collect and analyze market data and trends to identify key insights for the team
- Seek opportunities for new business and sales cycle acceleration
3) Sales Operations: Marketing, Communications & Storytelling
- Work with Marketing to develop positioning materials including pitch decks, case studies, and collateral to tell our story.
- Create a tracking system for outgoing communications to partners from the University and optimize for efficiency and impact
- Develop an external “menu” of offerings that is customizable for various types of partners and their needs
- Maintain and segment internal and external distribution lists
4) Customer Experiences & Events
- Run select events, partner events, and support events run by other teams
- Develop experiences (e.g. structured discovery conversations) that bring partners closer to the institute and encourage deeper engagement and collaboration.
- Create onboarding materials and a welcome kit for new partners
- Advocate for partner needs and issues cross-departmentally.
5) Team Support & Emergent Work
- Manage and/or assist with a portfolio of accounts.
- Lead special projects and novel collaborations. We are entrepreneurial and eager to explore new ideas with our partners.
Position TypeGeneral Administration
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.