Location: Rochester, NY or Portland, ME
Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for eight years in a row.
We are seeking a dynamic Project Manager to be responsible for managing and delivering one or several projects telecommunications infrastructure projects totaling over $10M in annual revenue. The ideal candidate will enthusiastically own the client relationship(s) and lead a team of 2-10 individuals to bring the project in on-time, in-budget and within quality specifications. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment of professional growth when given direction from a Senior Manager or Director and expected to perform freedom lead while also being held accountable for results. This position will reside in our Portland, Maine headquarters or in our office in Rochester, New York.
- Lead a team of 2-10, which may include staff from the network engineering, field surveying, permitting, drafting, site acquisition, scheduling, invoicing, and construction departments to self-perform large portions of the project
- Manage and track performance across schedule, budget and quality parameters
- Indirectly manage a cross-functional matrixed project team that includes internal partners from IT, HR and business operations
- Pro-actively identify potential project risk factors, communicate these to the project team and/or client, and work with stakeholders to address them
- Serve as primary point of contact for communicating status with client and addressing issues as they arise
- Communicate project status clearly and succinctly to Tilson senior management by delivering complex messages in business terms
- Develop project justifications, business cases, and corresponding return on investment estimates for funding requests
- Manage contract terms, purchase orders and change orders with client
- Manage sub-contractor terms, performance and schedule
- Working closely with the customer to ensure complete satisfaction and to grow the business
- 4-year Degree, or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working on managing large infrastructure projects of $1 million or more
- Demonstrated mix of problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organization, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Self-starter with willingness to ask for direction when needed and provide consistent leadership and guidance to team
- Focus on deliverables to both internal and external clients
- Ability to work on multiple issues simultaneously
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator
Desired but not Required
- Background in engineering, business analysis, permitting, scheduling or project coordination
- MBA, PMP, or other business and project management certifications
Travel Expectations: Up to 50% travel expected
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building, integrating, and maintaining the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to innovate and deliver.
Tilson is a world leader in executing information and communications technology projects to build a more connected world. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
We will run our business sustainably, for its financial health, its people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.