Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Department: Occupational Therapy
Position is located: Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: No Hours Assigned
Facilitates development and rehabilitation of patients with mental, emotional, and physical disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed occupational therapy. Occupational Therapist will evaluate each patient, develop a plan of care appropriate to the patient's needs and implement that plan of care, reassessing as needed.
- Will conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, including but not limited to with patients, patients’ families and co-workers
- Will practice the Gold Standard behaviors
- Will treat each patient with respect and dignity
- Will be compassionate in caring for all patients
- Will act as part of rehab team to provide the best quality of care, as needed, for each patient
- Will provide quality care to all patients
- Will provide excellent service to patients
- Will bill correctly and fairly for all service(s) rendered.
- Will use all supplies in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Will participate in continuing education of their choosing to advance their knowledge/skills
- Will practice according to current evidence-based practice standards
- Will participate in community outreach
- Will attend one event organized by EMHS/BHMH
Competencies and skills:
* No previous experience required.
* Occupational Therapist
* Bachelor's Degree
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status